James M. Siddens Award for Distinguished Faculty Advising
In 2002, upon the retirement of James M. Siddens—the CGS faculty advisor for nearly twenty years—the Council created the James M. Siddens Award for Distinguished Faculty Advising to recognize those faculty who exemplify the best in graduate student advising at Ohio State. The only award of its kind on campus, this award is given annually each spring to one member of the graduate faculty.
Nominations for the 2018-2019 year are accepted from March 5 - April 8, 2019. Click here to make a nomination.
ANY OSU GRADUATE STUDENT IS ELIGIBLE TO MAKE A NOMINATION!
Previous Winners of the James M. Siddens Award for Distinguished Faculty Advising
- Dr. Wayne P Lawson, Arts Administration, Education, and Policy
- Rebeka Campos-Astorkiza, Spanish and Portuguese
- Suzanne Bartle-Haring, Human Development and Family Science
- Phillip Armstrong, Associate Professor, Comparative Studies
- Jonathan Godbout, Assistant Professor, Neuroscience
- Paul C. Stromberg, Professor, Veterinary Biosciences
- Thomas Magliery, Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Kathleen A. Romstedt, Ph.D., College of Education and Human Ecology
- Susan Saltzburg, Ph.D., LICSW, College of Social Work
- Dorothy Noyes, Ph.D., Departments of English, Comparative Studies, and Antrophology
- Mollie Blackburn, Ph.D., School of Teaching and Learning
- Sarah Schoppe-Sullivan, Ph.D., Department of Human Development and Family Science
- Claudio Gonzalez-Vega, Professor, Agricultural Economics and Economics
- Ralph E J Boerner, Professor, Evolution, Ecology & Evolutionary Biology; Plant Biology; Natural Resources
- Hazel Morrow-Jones, Associate Professor, City and Regional Planning
- Jennifer Evans-Cowley, Associate Professor, City & Regional Planning
- Lawrence Krissek, Associate Professor, Graduate Program in Geological Sciences
- Karla Zadnik, Professor, Graduate Program in Vision Science