Are you a graduate student interested in research, conference travel, and professional development grants available to you through the Council of Graduate Students (CGS)? Want to know how to push your CGS grant application over the top? Join us to learn the ins and outs of applying for the Global Gateway Grant, Ray Travel Award, Career Development Grant, and Hayes Research Forum from a group of CGS Delegates. Food and beverages will be provided.
This is where Delegates come to share ideas and learn about outreach programming
Careers in Community Organizing for Social Justice Available to OSU students and alums!
In light of the government shutdown I wanted to disseminate information about pertient services that may adversely effect graduate students.
Proposal submissions to federal agencies. Grants.gov will continue to be functional during a shut-down for receipt of grant proposals. However, grants.gov will not be delivering the proposals to the sponsoring agencies. Therefore, you will not know until the shutdown concludes whether your proposal made it through all of the error checking for that particular agency’s rules. For NSF proposals, Fastlane will not be available during the shutdown. NSF will provide updated information about any deadlines occurring during a shutdown after business at the agency resumes.
· Grant and Contract Funding. Agencies will allow work being performed under already funded awards to continue unless an agency has provide a stop work notice for a particular award. No new awards, award increments, supplements or modifications will be processed during the shutdown. HHS will allow the university to continue to draw down funds on existing awards, but NSF’s payment mechanisms will not be available.
· Research Collaborations/subcontracts. Sponsored Programs will not be able to issue (execute) new subawards or subaward amendments on federally funded programs that are expired during the shut- down even if an advance account request is in place. Collaborators should be prepared to utilize their own risk-account processes for the duration of the shut-down in order to continue ongoing research work.
· Availability of federal staff. Federal staff will be furloughed for the duration of the shut down and will not be available for questions or discussions or speaking engagements.
· Grant and Contract Reporting. NSF and HHS systems for reporting (research.gov, RPPR) will not be functional during a shutdown. Federal staff will also not be available to assist with requests for modifications and/or guidance relative to your awards. Please be prepared to submit required reports as soon as the government and its systems are up and running again.
· Service on Review panels. All agency reviews scheduled during a shut-down will be cancelled.
Posted: September 3, 2013
Revised Constitution and Bylaws with highlighted changes.
Updated goverance documents!