COVID-19 Travel Information
For any changes in travel arrangements, planned expenses, refunds, reimbursements or other financial issues and questions, please contact Teresa Kempton Dray (email@example.com).
All travel funded by Student Life (Career Development Grant, Ray Travel Award, and Global gateway Grant) is currently suspended through December 31st, 2020. This date may change.
For general updates about university-wide travel policies, please use the following links:
Frequently Asked Questions:
If the travel or activity for which I submitted my application is no longer happening, what are my options for using my award?
- All awardees have an extended amount of time to use their award (see below). When you know your new travel plans, please communicate these to Teresa. If you will not be able to use your funds before this new deadline, please alert us.
- Ray and CDG winners have a full year from the original expiration date of their award (see award letter) to use their awarded funds.
- Global Gateway winners are no longer restricted to the summer window for travel. Winners will have a full year to use their awarded funds. Exact dates TBD.
- If you have already made travel arrangements, please do your best to obtain refunds and work with Teresa.
- All activities and travel must take place before you graduate. If you will no longer be able to travel or participate in the planned activities before graduation, you will have to forfeit the award.
Can I use my award for things other than travel-related expenses if my travel has been cancelled?
- If you are a Ray or Global Gateway winner, generally no.
- If you are a CDG winner, there is some flexibility as this award funds non-travel expenses as well as travel expenses. If there is an alternate activity (for example, a virtual conference) that would still benefit your career or professional development, we may allow you to use your awarded funds for this instead. For questions about eligibility of an alternate activity, please contact Sarah Light (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- These expenses remain ineligible:
- Research supplies or funding
- Food and alcohol
- OSU academic expenses