Hayes Abstract Evaluation
Below is an explanation of how each of the abstracts should be judged. Because not all judges may be judging all abstracts in one area, the system will take care of normalizing scores across all judges in each area.
Please evaluate the abstracts on the following criteria using this scale:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Poor Average Superior
Below is a description of each judging category:
• Is the problem/objective/hypothesis clearly stated?
• Are the research goals clear?
• Is the main argument established?
• Does the theoretical and/or methodological perspective seem appropriate?
• Do the procedures of inquiry seem adequate to support the study’s objective?
• Are the instruments/sources/materials appropriate to this inquiry?
• How does the performance/visual arts exhibition showcase the artist’s technical skill?
• Are the results clearly stated?
• Does the interpretation seem clear and justifiable?
• Do the conclusions seem valid and/or realistic?
• Does this research hold theoretical significance in its field?
• Does this research have heuristic value in its field?
• Does this research offer practical applications?
• Is this study/research work a scholarly and/or artistic contribution to its field?
5. WORTHY OF PRESENTATION
Based on the abstract, is the research worthy of paper submission and oral presentation at the Forum? Please answer Yes or No.
Please only select to veto if you think the abstract is of unacceptable quality and should not be presented regardless of form (oral or poster presentation)