Applications for the 2022 Hayes Forum will be accepted October 4th, 2021 - November 12th, 2021.
Students enrolled in any area of graduate study at The Ohio State University are invited to participate. Postdoctoral scholars are also invited to participate. Below are resources to help those interested in submitting an abstract to the Hayes Forum.
Forms and Guidelines
- Abstract Guidelines(for initial application)
- Oral Presentation Guidelines
- Poster Presentation Guidelines
- Knowledge Bank (for winning papers)
Eligibility - Graduate Students
- All graduate students in good standing with the Graduate School, who are enrolled for the academic term in which the Forum is held, in a degree-granting program are eligible to participate.
- The individual submitting the abstract must be its primary author: The research must be based on the graduate student's substantive ideas and must be a direct product of their work.
- Students who participated in a previous Forum are eligible to re-enter (whether or not a prize was received); however, they must be presenting different research or a different aspect of the same research.
Eligibility - Postdoctoral Scholars
- A current postdoctoral scholar or the equivalent at Ohio State
- Must be able to identify an Ohio State faculty member as an advisor/mentor. The Hayes Research Committee will reach out to this faculty member to confirm that the postdoctoral scholar may share the work as described in the abstract.
- The abstract and work being presented must have been generated during the scholar’s postdoctoral training at Ohio State.
- Applicants will initially prepare a short abstract (less than 1000 words and 1 page or less) and submit it with their application.
- Applications will be reviewed by faculty volunteers, and the highest-scoring applicants in each academic area will be invited to participate in the Forum as an oral presenter on the day of Hayes.
- High-scoring applications that are not chosen for an oral presentation may be chosen for a poster presentation. Postdoctoral scholars will only be doing oral presentations.
- The judges will attend the presentations or posters on the day of the Forum. Rankings will be determined based on the judges' impression of the presentation or poster.
- Presentation and Poster winners will be expected to provide an electronic proceedings paper for inclusion in the OSU Knowledge Bank.
Prizes and prize amounts are being reviewed by the Hayes Forum Committee. Cash awards will be for graduate students.
**Several individuals are having trouble uploading their documents. Please double check that 1) Your email and your advisor's email are the official OSU email in lastname.#@osu format, 2) You are submitting an abstract file in .pdf format only, and 3) The file name is the same as the abstract title.