Applications for the 2020 Hayes Forum will open October 14, 2019.
Students enrolled in any area of graduate study at The Ohio State University are invited to participate. Below are resources to help students interested in submitting an abstract to the Hayes Forum.
Forms and Guidelines
- Abstract Guidelines(for initial application)
- Oral Presentation Guidelines
- Poster Presentation Guidelines
- Knowledge Bank (for winning papers)
- All graduate students in good standing with the Graduate School, who are enrolled for the academic term in which the Forum is held, in a degree-granting program are eligible to participate.
- The individual submitting the abstract must be its primary author: The research must be based on the graduate student's substantive ideas and must be a direct product of their work.
- Students who participated in a previous Forum are eligible to re-enter (whether or not a prize was received); however, they must be presenting different research or a different aspect of the same research.
- Applicants will initially prepare a short abstract of their presentation or poster (less than 1000 words and 1 page or less) and submit it with their application.
- Oral presentation applications will be reviewed by faculty volunteers, and the highest-scoring applicants in each academic area will be invited to participate in the Forum. The top 10 oral presentation applicants will be chosen to present on the day of Hayes.
- Poster presentation applications will be reviewed by faculty volunteers, and the highest-scoring applicants in each division will be invited to participate in the Forum. The top 15 poster presentation applicants will be chosen to present their posters on the day of Hayes. Poster presenters will be able to select from three poster divisions: "Biological Sciences", "Engineering, Math and Physical Sciences", or "Arts, Humanities, & Social Sciences."
- The judges will attend the presentations or posters on the day of the Forum. Rankings will be determined based on the judges' impression of the presentation or poster.
- Presentation and Poster winners will be expected to provide an electronic proceedings paper for inclusion in the OSU Knowledge Bank.
Prizes and prize amounts are being reviewed by the Hayes Forum Committee.
**Several individuals are having trouble uploading their documents. Please double check that 1.) You are submitting an abstract file in .pdf format only 2.) The file name is the same as the abstract title