Stephen Post is a second year, dual-degree student pursuing a Master’s of Public Administration and a Master’s of Applied Clinical and Pre-Clinical Research on the Regulatory Affairs track. He earned his Bachelor’s of Arts in Economics and Political Science from The Ohio State University in 2018. Stephen’s research interests include drug policy reform, police relations, governance systems, and conflict resolution. He has previously served as a University Senator where he Chaired the Council on Student Affairs. In addition to serving as President of CGS, Stephen works as a Graduate Research Associate with The Ohio State University’s Drug Enforcement and Policy Center (DEPC) housed under the Moritz College of Law and the John Glenn College of Public Affairs. He is originally from Cincinnati, OH and is proud to be a lifelong resident of the Buckeye State.
Roles & Responsibilities :
The President is responsible for:
- Presides over all meetings of the Council and implementing all decisions of the Council.
- Selects the time and place of all regular and special meetings of the Council.
- Manages the office associate and for ensuring Council compliance with Council, University State, and Federal fiscal and personnel policies.
- Serves as the liaison between CGS and the Graduate School, University administration, and the Ohio State Board of Trustees.
- Serves externally, as an ex-officio member of the Graduate Council, the University Senate and its Steering Committee, and the Council on Student Affairs.
- Fulfills other duties as directed by the Council and the Executive Committee.