Alissa Geisse received both her MS and BS of Science in Chemistry at Youngstown State University. During her MS, she served on the Dean’s Graduate Student Advisory Council and on the STEM Graduate Studies Committee. At OSU, Alissa was awarded a Graduate Enrichment Fellowship to begin her PhD in Evolution, Ecology, and Organismal Biology at OSU. She is now a 3rd year PhD student, with a declared interdisciplinary specialization in Public Policy and Government Management. In her free time Alissa enjoys video games, plant husbandry and training her Australian Shepherd, Kai.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Secretary is responsible for:
- Keeping the minutes of the meetings of the Council and its Executive Committee, for maintaining records, and for conducting correspondence.
- Maintaining attendance records and determining quorum at Council meetings.
- Presiding over meetings of the Council in the absence of the President and Vice President.
- Maintaining a record of all legislation that has been passed throughout the academic year, and that this record is formally passed to the next incumbent Executive Board.
- Ensuring that all governing documents (Constitution, Bylaws, and Standing Rules) are updated at the end of every semester of all legislative amendments.
- The Secretary shall fulfill other duties as directed by the Council, the Executive Committee, and the President.
*Please contact the secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have news you wish to share with the delegate body*