Hannah Torma is an Educational Policy master’s student in the College of Education and Human Ecology. She earned her BA in English with a minor in Creative Writing from OSU in 2014. Since then, Hannah has worked at OSU in the Office of Academic Affairs. She is the Community Engagement Director of the Visible Invisible (VI), a student organization that partners with Star House, a drop-in center for youth experiencing homelessness ages 14-24. The goal of VI is to provide the youth an opportunity for empowerment, expression, and success through the arts and prosocial relationships. After graduation, Hannah plans to pursue a PhD in Educational Policy.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Secretary is responsible for:
- Keeping the minutes of the meetings of the Council and its Executive Committee, for maintaining records, and for conducting correspondence.
- Maintaining attendance records and determining quorum at Council meetings.
- Presiding over meetings of the Council in the absence of the President and Vice President.
- Maintaining a record of all legislation that has been passed throughout the academic year, and that this record is formally passed to the next incumbent Executive Board.
- Ensuring that all governing documents (Constitution, Bylaws, and Standing Rules) are updated at the end of every semester of all legislative amendments.
- The Secretary shall fulfill other duties as directed by the Council, the Executive Committee, and the President.
*Please contact the secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have news you wish to share with the delegate body*