Sarah Light is a doctoral candidate in the Neuroscience Graduate Program working in the lab of Dr. Jamie Jontes. Her research focuses on the mechanisms of vertebrate brain development and the roles played by a family of cell adhesion molecules called protocadherins. She earned her Bachelor’s degree in Neuroscience with a minor in Dance from the University of Vermont in 2015. Sarah has served as a non-delegate member of both the Ray Travel Award Committee and the Sustainability & Environmental Responsibility Committee since 2018. She is also the President of the Neuroscience Graduate Student Organization (NGSO) and a passionate member of both the Ohio State Irish Dance Team and Neuroscience Education: Urban & Rural Outreach (NEURO).
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Secretary is responsible for:
- Keeping the minutes of the meetings of the Council and its Executive Committee, for maintaining records, and for conducting correspondence.
- Maintaining attendance records and determining quorum at Council meetings.
- Presiding over meetings of the Council in the absence of the President and Vice President.
- Maintaining a record of all legislation that has been passed throughout the academic year, and that this record is formally passed to the next incumbent Executive Board.
- Ensuring that all governing documents (Constitution, Bylaws, and Standing Rules) are updated at the end of every semester of all legislative amendments.
- The Secretary shall fulfill other duties as directed by the Council, the Executive Committee, and the President.
*Please contact the secretary at email@example.com if you have news you wish to share with the delegate body*