Tracey Walterbusch is a Ph.D. student in the College of Education and Human Ecology with a concentration in Higher Education and Student Affairs. She earned her bachelor's degree in Economics from Ohio State and her master's degree in Counseling and Personnel Services from the University of Louisville. She has experience working at four higher education institutions within a variety of departments such as student activities, residence life, off campus and commuter services, and career counseling. This is Tracey's second year serving as the Council of Graduates' Vice President. Before becoming Vice President, Tracey served on the Student Conduct Board as a representative for the Council of Graduate Students.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Vice President is the primary contact for members of the CGS. The VP is responsible for the internal running of the organization in order to enable the President to be the primary contact with external entities and advocate for Graduate Student issues at the University level. The primary responsibilities of the Vice President are set out in the Constitution and include the following:
1. Coordinating the Edward F. Hayes Graduate Research Forum.
2. Representing the Council of Graduate Students in the planning of orientation and welcome week-related activities and events.
3. In the absence of the President, or if the President is temporarily unable to fulfill their duties, the Vice President shall serve in the President's place.
4. Chairs the Organization and Elections Committee and is responsible for ensuring that all delegate and committee positions are filled.
5. Is responsible for ensuring that CGS committee and member records are properly maintained.
6. Shall serve as a liaison between CGS and other student organizations.
7. Serves, externally, on the Council on Student Affairs and the Welcome Week Steering Committee.
8. In the absence of the President, the Vice President presides over meetings of the Council.
9. The Vice President shall fulfill other duties as directed by the Council, the Executive Committee, and the President.