CGS Delegate Role & 22-23 Delegate Body
CGS Delegates are vital to the running and day to day work of the organization. Delegates attend CGS meetings, advocate for members of their departments and colleges, serve on internal and external committees as representatives for graduate students and their colleges and departments, vote on legislation, and more. Look below to find your current delegates for CGS (listed alphabetically by college, then program/unit of representation).
Delegate Roles and Responsibilities:
- Attend all delegate meetings. Delegate meetings are held on Fridays once a month from 3:30pm-5:30pm.
- Identify an alternate from their department if they are unable to attend.
- Sit on at least one CGS Internal or External University Committee. (External committees are defined as those not originated by CGS.)
- Keep the Vice President and the appropriate committee chair informed (by regular written or verbal communication) of their work on and relevant issues from their University Committee.
- Regularly communicate with their constituents, sharing and gathering information/questions.
- Regularly communicate with their department chair, graduate studies chair, and/or graduate program coordinator, sharing or gathering information/questions
- Be aware of and support the overall mission of the CGS.
Interested in serving your department? More information regarding the role and responsibilities of delegates, elections, and more can be found at the "Get Involved" tab, under "Run for Delegate".